A smaller chapter this week, but still chockfull of secrets!
Make your own Sanji memes at https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/92851865/The-Sanji-Face
The library of One Piece Knowledge
09 Feb 2017 Deja un comentario
A smaller chapter this week, but still chockfull of secrets!
Make your own Sanji memes at https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/92851865/The-Sanji-Face
02 Feb 2017 2 comentarios
As time has gone on and as plans changed, I’ve decided to organize myself differently with Chapter Secrets. I’ll wait out until I’ve got full grasp over my issues with anxiety to change the format and start again properly, I’m even considering starting to do YouTube like many of you recommended me to, but for the moment being don’t worry, as you’ll still get your weekly dose of Chapter Secrets!
I also said I wanted to redo all the chapters I missed, but I’m not exactly sure on that since it really is a massive amount of work and to be fair, those chapters didn’t hold secrets that were that massively important (with a few exceptions), so we’ll see what I end up doing with that. And yes, One Piece’s True History will also come eventually.
For the moment being, enjoy these chapter secrets! Thank you all for your support!
27 Ene 2017 1 comentario
Sorry for the slight delay, but timezones and sleep schedules really screwed me with this one. Anyways, enjoy!
Don’t ask me why this gallery is here. I can’t remove it so… I dunno, enjoy it.
21 Ene 2017 Deja un comentario
No chapter this week? Fear cough not! I might cough have a bad fever, but I am here to cough save the day!
Here’s a good amount of Urouge NicoNico videos. Please keep in mind it requires you to create an account, but it’s your usual simple registration, so don’t worry about it, it’ll be worth it
Urouge is Everywhere. Urouge is Everything http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6917620
The Urouge Show: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20113720
Urouge’s sensual jiggling abs (Yes. I know.) http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7568338
One Piece Film U: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18609900
Happy Birthday Urouge!: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8454961
Urouge x X Drake http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7149640
40 minutes of heavenly music with a pic of Urouge in the background http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9139094
Killer is Urouge???: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6616192
Urouge Acapella: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14030613
I don’t even fucking know at this point: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8667491
Urouge saves Keimi and uses Haki: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20113654
The original, the legend: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5471569
12 Ene 2017 4 comentarios
It’s Switchmas today, but I’ve still got enough time to work on Chapter Secrets!
Also, read Magi. It’s really good.
Update: Reiju could have not been affected by the drug, since Sora supposedly took it after she was born
29 Dic 2016 5 comentarios
Jeez, I forgot how exhausting it was to do this ones in full. This week, as a special treat, full-Chapter Secrets! I’m not quite back yet, but I’ll do more of these whenever I have the time and strength
22 Dic 2016 Deja un comentario
I’ve been working on getting back and on previous analysis, but this time I just had far too many things in mind with this chapter that I had to do a quick improvised Chapter Secrets. The series will be back in full force by beginning of next year but for now enjoy this special!
Disclaimer: I won’t get into too many things that were introduced in previous chapters. Yes, Diesel is a type of train and a food brand among other things, but he was introduced in another chapter. I’ll get to him and others in more detail in the future.
– The cover is a pun on “heavy smoker” since Heavy is written as “Hebi” in Japanese, the same pronunciation as Snake, making it a pun with “heavy smoker” and “Hebi (snake) + Smoker”. The snake, like Smoker, is smoking two cigarettes. He’s also sporting a 30’s Fedora to give that stereotypical image of someone like Humphrey Bogart.
– All clocks point in different hours, which is Oda’s way to say “screw you” to me for trying to find out the hour : P
– This woman’s design is quite similar to that of Elizabeth, aka the idealized version of Tibany. Just a case of Oda drawing two similar background characters
or maybe, given the events later on in this chapter, to symbolize that Tibany is Sanji’s one true love!
– It’s interesting that Luffy is willing to lose his hands to make it out of there, since Sanji on the other hand wasn’t willing to lose his own hands to make it out of there
– This chapter introduces Tamago’s and Pedro’s bounty, with Tamago’s standing at 400,002,900 Belly. That’s unprecedented for a million+ bounty to have it’s last three digits not be zero, the only exception being Pandaman whose bounty is 3,333,333, though that is meant to be a joke
– This is another example where bounty does not equal strength. Despite Tamago having a bounty 80,000,000 Belly higher than Zoro’s, he still got easily defeated by Pedro (though he’ll probably get back up)
– Tamago uses a rotating cartwheel to strike Pedro with his leg. In this case, the round egg body is quite helpful, since it’s shape can allow for quicker spinning and for the momentum of the leg to be carried with more force
– Big Mom’s crew embodies diversity. In this panel alone we get a man with a chicken crest, one with baroque-like hair (almost Igaram-ish), one that looks like a dwarf and another that looks like a small Capone!
– In this panel Pedro floats away by using his tail as a propeller, in order to attack Tamago from the side
– This certain “Zepo” is undoubtedly a relative of Bepo, given the same breed, fur, ears, lips, teeth and similar names. However, given how he only had 30 years of life left, I’d say it’s safe to say that he’s his father
– This explains how the roulette works in a case like this one, where the lost years are shared between all accused members (in Jinbe’s case however, the roulette would all be on him). It also confirms what I theorized, that the numbers represent years taken away from you by Big Mom
– RIP Zepo. You will be forgotten
– We were told that Pedro was just a child when Inuarashi and Nekomamushi left Zou. This means that he was born somewhere in the early Kaienreki-1490s which would make him around 30~ish years old. This fits, as with the 50 years taken away it’s as if he were 80~ish years old
– This scene takes place 5 years ago, where we can see a slightly younger Big Mom
– Pekoms says that Pedro is “like a brother”, which is fitting enough given how he also called him “brother” when they met again on Zou
– Finally we get a name for “The Dawn”. I was starting to call it “the rebirth”, but the dawn is much more fitting. This refers to what will happen when the One Piece itself is found and the world is turned upside down, though the name “Dawn” tells us that turning this world upside down will give birth to a whole new one, almost like “the dawn of a new world”
– This also is quite interesting, given how the story begins as “Romance Dawn”. In other words, the tale of One Piece begins an ends with a dawn
– Tamago’s attack “Legg Benedict”, contains a pun for “egg” in “Legg”. Benedict also means “Blessed” or “Blessing”
– Pedro strikes down Tamago, in such a way that his egg literally breaks, leaving behind an egg yolk, which does suggest him having some kind of Devil Fruit, probably a Tama Tama no Mi (Egg Egg Fruit) or something
– However I don’t personally think this is the end for Tamago, for three main reasons, one being his rank and status, two being how his egg powers are unexplored and three being that we didn’t see him defeated, which is something Oda would usually show us. I think instead his egg powers might allow him to reform or strike back to fight Pedro again
– Ok, if anyone else says that Pudding isn’t the three-eyed girl I’m slapping him
– Well damn, Pudding’s evil. Over the most recent chapters I’ve been lingering between if she was good or evil, since I tried to think what mindfuck Oda wanted to go with. In the most recent chapters I was going towards the side that she was good but I was quite surprised by this! I’m so glad I was wrong, since this came as an amazing plot twist, especially what she said to Luffy and Nami. I guess she suffers from Monet’s anti-nakama syndrome
– I do however think this is quite genius. With so many princesses befriending the Straw Hats, it’s refreshing to see one that is absolute scum. It really shows how much One Piece’s writing has gone up since Zou began. In fact I recommend rereading some of her scenes. It’s very interesting to see her acting and faking once you are completely aware of the truth.
– So this is how the whole thing went: Pudding herself lived in Chocolatown for a few years gaining the trust and love of the citizens around her to build up a reputable trust. When Sanji landed at Chocolatown after having been shown Pudding’s picture, he visited her and she pretended to fall in love with him. As soon as the other Straw Hats arrived and they were spotted by Big Mom’s reconnaissance, Pudding searched for them and used an excuse to approach them and lead them to the Seducing Woods. She kept playing her role even in Tamago’s presence when choosing her dress (who isn’t aware of her true personality), making Pedro and Brook believe that she was innocent. She then proceeded to act as needed and tricked Sanji up until now
– However, beyond all of this, I still think that to a certain extent Pudding could possibly not be entirely evil. OKAY, OKAY, HEAR ME OUT. I’m not trying to beat a dead horse by pretending that Pudding is actually good or anything like that. She’s rotten to the core. But I think there might be more; my reason for this is her third eye. Specifically the fact that when she is evil her third eye shows up yet when she is kind it doesn’t. It’s been incredibly specific
– In the datebook Dive into New World it was said that Pudding was part of an unlisted “three-eyed race”. Then again, it also listed Pekoms and Bepo as not Minks, so I don’t think the book was written by Oda. Because of this, I think her third eye might come from a Devil Fruit. This Devil Fruit specifically would allow her to adopt a completely different persona by hiding her eye since, even being the most convincing actress in the world, it’s hard to believe that she has been able to keep such an impeccable persona in front of so many people for years without making a single mistake
– It’s obvious that the evil side is controlling the kinder side but the real question is: is the kind side aware that she is just a version of the evil side, fully knowing her true intentions? Or is the kind side unknowing that she even has an evil side? Truth be told, I think it’s just the first case as I fear that Oda won’t delve into something so complex. But it would’ve been cool if Pudding really had a kind side to her unaware that she was being controlled, making Pudding not good or evil, but both, tricking both sides of fans on the matter
– Anyways, I think that Pudding’s third eye could possibly have some vague inspiration on the third eye of the Hindu deity Shiva. His third eye sees “beyond appearances” (fitting enough with Pudding) but more specifically wipes out all evil with no mercy, awakening Shivas more burtal and merciless side. While Pudding definetely isn’t wiping out evil (unless you count the Germa), her third eye opening is when she becomes more savage
– It’s also worth brining up again the fairy tale “One-Eye, Two-Eye and Three-Eye” where the evil one-eyed and three-eyed sisters tormented the poor two-eyed sister. Two-eyes used a lullaby to make one-eye and three-eyes’ eyes close and fall asleep, but three-eyes’ third eye was immune to this and was able to see how two-eyes secretely procured herself food. But interestingly enough, after certain events the evil sisters decide to repent and apologize to the kinder one
– Though please keep in mind that Oda usually takes few aspects from historical inspirations and mixes them up with his own ideas, so for example the evil sisters repenting doesn’t necessarily confirm Pudding redeeming herself
– Oh and beyond all this, you can see Rabian the Arabian Carpet and Nitro the Jello in her room too. You can also see that her door is locked from the inside
That’s all for now, I’ll be in full swing next year. Merry Christmas everybody!
09 Dic 2016 3 comentarios
Yo. It’s been a long time.
First of all, I want to apologize for my absence for the past few months. I know that I shouldn’t apologize, since this wasn’t my, yours or anyone’s fault, but I still feel like I owe an apology. In case you don’t know back around August I decided to take a small break from Chapter Secrets. It was nothing special, just 2-3 weeks at best to relax a bit from the post-finals stress but unfortunately I ran into some issues. To put it simple I had a traumatic incident with my anxiety issues and I was left in a condition where I was barely able to do anything at all psychologically. Don’t worry it wasn’t anything really terrible, I didn’t lose a loved one or anything important of that kind, it was just a rough patch I had to go through. To put it simply, all the anxiety and stress from my finals period built up within me and upon facing a rather anxious event, everything crumbled. I was in a situation where I was plagued by my fears, by panic attacks and by a dreadful anxiety. This was something I had no control over, the anxiety was the one that controlled me. Because of that I was genuinely unable to continue Chapter Secrets and since I didn’t have that good of a grasp on my condition I didn’t even know when this was going to end.
Good news is, that’s not the case anymore. Well, kinda. I broke down at the beggining of September but over the past three months I’ve been able to improve a lot. My condition is vastly superior to the one I was originally in: I don’t have any more panic attacks, I can handle other things better and overall I’m doing pretty well…; I’m getting back on track, slowly, but steadily. I am very grateful for all the caring messages I’ve recieved but don’t overworry yourself for me since I’m already doing a lot better now.
However, I’m still far from fully healed. That is going to take quite a lot more time. That isn’t that much of a problem however, since I can easily handle Chapter Secrets even without being at full perfect health. That said, I don’t feel like I’m quite ready yet to come back. There are some things which impair me from making Chapter Secrets and other content freely (plus a couple other things I got to do in between, such as the holiday season), so I think I still need to work on it a bit before I’m perfectly capable on handling Chapter Secrets again. I think I’m already starting to get there, but I need to ease myself before I can get back into that kind of schedule.
I don’t want to make any promises, but if I were to estimate I’d say that would be around January, February at worst if things should get out of hand. Again, I’m not making any promises, that’s just an estimate, but I really, really doubt it should go anywhere beyond February. But things may change for all I know, so I hope you can be just a little more patient.
But don’t worry, I’ll make the comeback worth it. For one, I think I’m going to adopt a smoother format that might be slightly more aesthetically pleasing. And on the other hand, I’ve got something quite special waiting for you:
I’m going to be doing every single chapter I’ve missed so far.
Yup, that’s 14 so far plus any more that will release beyond that (RIP January). That’s specifically why it might take a little longer, since we’re talking about A LOT of chapters. They will however probably all come in one package at the same time. Beyond this there’s also something very special I’ve been passively and slowly working on for the past months (though it may not be ready by January) and I’d say it’s my greatest work yet, though be warned, it isn’t One Piece related and I am also planning on doing a few other projects in the long run.
Eitherway, I’m extremely grateful for all your support. I was afraid that people would just forget about me or despise me for taking a break (though that’s mostly my inner anxiety getting overworried), but everybody has been incredibly supportive and loving. All of the messages I’ve recieved… I seriously am honored by how patient you all have been and I’m really happy to have such a supportive following. Thanks to every single one of you from the bottom of my heart. I am incredibly excited to go back to doing this. See you soon!
15 Sep 2016 4 comentarios
Hello, as you’ve probably heard, I’m on a break from Chapter Secrets. However there are many little things to take from this chapter and I thought that I might as well just do a small, quick version of Chapter Secrets to point them out.
Keep in mind this is done very half-assedly, I’m not putting in a lot of effort for this one since I need to be quick. I’m surely missing some details, but I still wanted to give something to those who have been waiting. Thank you all for your patience!
· You’ve probably heard of this, but the cover references Kochikame, or Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Koen-mae Hashutsujo (geez), the longest running manga of all history! It started serialization on September 1976 all the way up till today! That’s 40 years of a single manga running, with 200 volumes to boot! That’s about 2000 chapters, far beyond what even One Piece is trying to achieve
· Also apparently, the numbers on the bounty poster have a meaning. I take no credit in this (I knew those numbers must have meant something, but there’s no way I would have found this out on my own) so I’ll just quote the wiki here. Credit goes to Kaido: “The number on the poster in the cover upside down is “110596”, while Kanchiki Ryotsu’s eyebrows that Luffy is drawing resemble the number “3”. “110” is the police phone number in Japan, while “5963” can be read as “ご苦労さん”, which means “Thank you for your hard work”. So Oda may be saying “Thank you for your hard work, policeman” as part of his tribute.”
· I previously mentioned how the Germa are most likely based on Nazis and this chapter outright confirms it. The eagle, the banners, the whole way the room is structured.. and not even that, their superior mentalities, they are all taken from the Nazis
· The only difference, is that instead of an eagle, the Germa have a Garuda, similar to the national emblem of Indonesia. Cool detail, considering Judge’s epithet
· The “66” itself may also be based on the Waffen SS (Germa 66-Waffen SS), a special corps of elite soldiers of the Nazi party, directed by Heinrich Himmler himself. The “S” from the logo is even reflected on the Germa skull
· You can also see the Germa flag standing behind the Eagle. It is similar to a flag that was considered for Germany at the end of WWII, but was never really used
· Cosette is based on… well, Cosette, from Les Misérables, a little orphan forced to work under miserable(s) conditions under strict abuse, just like One Piece’s Cosette
· GASTRONOMY: Aligot is a type of potato puré, or potato sauce. Aligot is cooked by meshing potatoes with cheese (just like Sanji says), to be then heated to create a simple, yet sweet potato sauce, often accompanied by cream or garlic.
· The reference does go beyond however, since Aligot has always been a dish for peasants and the poor, which explains why Niji discarded it. That said, I have to agree with Sanji, this thing looks goddamn delicious
· Daddy Vinsmoke mentions that Sanji lived with Zeff until “roughly 2 years ago”. Again, this just adds up to the vagueness of how much time actually passed during the timeskip. We know Luffy set sail from Foosha on May 5th 1522, but we have no idea of when we are now
· Like I previously mentioned, the scientific research of the Germa also ties with the Nazis. They were obsessed with having the most recent and powerful technology available to get an upper hand in the war. Additionally, I also mentioned that Germa had a somewhat superhero/villain theme to it (with the Vinsmokes being pretty much power rangers, red, blue, yellow, pink, green)
· So then, how can you get more villain-like than having a secret underground lab where you clone soldiers?
· Though I guess that explains why they look so similar. Thought it was weird that Oda was getting lazy with his drawings, he isn’t the kind of guy to do that
· Anyways, that is that. Sorry for this rough edition of Chapter Secrets, but I hope you enjoyed it. Please look forward to their full comeback!
11 Sep 2016 3 comentarios
Just wanted to touch on a few more points, specifically with the True History.
As I previously mentioned I’ve been on a break mostly because of health issues having to deal with finals stress. For the meantime I’ve decided to skip a few weeks of chapters but as I said, don’t worry too much as these chapters didn’t have that many details to begin with.
The True History was originally meant to release this July, but obviously finals and my health have delayed it. The True History takes A LOOOT of time. Like a lot lot of time. It’s a project I’ve been working on for practically a year now (obviously not every day, but I have spent god knows how many hundred hours on gathering all the info, writing down notes, doing the timeline (yes, the timeline was originally written to help me out with The True History) and other stuff) and it’s something that won’t be done until I have enough time. It’s nearing completion, but I’ve put it on hold as it is something I want to work on directly when I’m feeling better and I have the time.
The thing with Chapter Secrets is that it mostly has to do with having to do chapter secrets weekly, a constant routine isn’t very healthy in this state of stress and I’ve been recommended to variate a bit more for a while. I was hesitant at first, but after the support I recieved I decided to take a break and I’m recovering quite nicely now. I’m getting treatment and should be back on my feet soon enough, though I can’t say exactly in how many weeks that will be.
As recommended I’ve been trying to variate a little, so I decided to start reading Fairy Tail (you should too! It’s pretty good, despite some glaring flaws). There’s actually a lot of hidden details in Fairy Tail too so I was thinking about maybe doing a couple inspiration analysis here and there for Fairy Tail, I might even post some of them here, it would be a great idea to do something different!
That said this is only a personal project of mine and won’t affect the intended schedule for Chapter Secrets or anything One Piece related so don’t worry, One Piece content isn’t going anywhere 🙂 Chapter Secrets will return when I’m feeling better and The True History when I have enough time to dedicate to complete it.
I hope you all look forward to those when they make their comeback. Until then, thank you all for your patience and dedication! 😀